Thursday, March 11, 2010

7 random things

I have been 'blog challenged' by Julochka over at Moments of Perfect Clarity.  It feels a bit like a Bobby Flay Throwdown.  Without further ado, here are my seven random things:

1. Taco Trucks

How can one not love street food. People who provide delicious homestyle mobile food have a special place in my heart. It's a little like international travel without the suitcase or full body airport search.....




2. Non natural hair color
Since my 20's I've always wanted to dye my hair some ungodly beautiful shade of green, orange or blue. I never did and now, approaching my 50's I feel my window of appropriate opportunity has passed. But that doesn't keep me from admiring those who do! As a shortcut, just today I bought a new wig to be worn at the Shamrock run I'm participating in this Sunday in Portland, Oregon. Can you guess which lovely look I chose?
 
3. Olives in beer

Years ago while filming a documentary in South Dakota I learned something new from the locals I drank with in the evenings. The South Dakota Martini. What? Never heard of this delightful apertif? Quite easy to make - any old tap beer and 2 green olives! So simple yet so divine. To this day I can't have a regular beer without throwing in a few olives. And if said olives are stuffed? Icing on the proverbial beer cake!




 

4. The first moments of a film in the theatre
   
I love that feeling of great anticipation as the lights dim and the movie starts in theatre. There is such a sense of being swept away from everyday life and into a huge story unfolding before you. My heart always skips a beat as my face turns into a huge cheshire grin.




5. Clowns

Don't like. They are scary and simply not right. Especially headless clowns.




 
 
 
 
 
 
  
6. Cheesy catholic tchotchkes

I have an unnatural affinity for all things velvety religious. The more ridiculous the better. If I owned a large home with several rooms I would devote one solely to this fine overlooked art! The day I lost my moving eye Jesus keychain was a very sad day.  You think I'm joking don't you?  I'm not.





     
7. Kharmann Ghia's
 
Every time one of these super cool cars drives by  I sigh with longing and think -  "that is one lucky ass individual"!  Would I sell my soul to own one of them.  Of course not.  That's silly.  A '67 camaro?  You betcha! 

1 comment:

  1. oh man, i know what you mean about those moments before a film starts. and olives in the beer...that is SO south dakota. and i would know, having grown up there. :-) well done!

    ReplyDelete